The first edition of the ‘GCCA+ Review of Climate Issues’ covers a monothematic issue concerning one of the most visible problems caused by climate change – extreme weather events.
Each edition of the new magazine will offer a concise review of a topic of interest to stakeholders and audiences engaged in climate change issues. Balanced coverage of GCCA+ priority issues, such as adaption, mitigation and DRR topics, is ensured.
The first issue on ‘Facing extreme weather events, the urgency to adapt’ includes articles on:
• Smarter climate change adaptation strategies for small island states
• Natural solutions for extreme climate events: the case of Cuba
• Long-term adaptation planning to tackle floods in the Dominican Republic
• The GCCA+ barometer: key figures on GCCA+ projects and funding
• EU-ACP together for the 35th parliamentary assembly
• The Best of Practices: integrated coastal adaptation